Pages

Sunday 13 March 2011

MMA


I have an interesting experience to write about today, last night I had an amateur MMA fight at the ZT fight night in Eastbourne.
Amazingly I won by decision after two 4 minute rounds, I can honestly say it was the most intense feeling I have ever experienced.
The girl I was fighting was amazing at stand up but I managed to stick to my game plan and take it to the ground.
I would have loved to win by submission but I still need to get used to the different dynamics of mma its a lot different from bjj or even no gi.
All in all it was a great night Sophie and Laura both won their fights and lots of partying was done after perhaps too much ;) I have a sore head inside and out today.
Back to training BJJ hard for the next few competitions coming up, I think fighting mma will help me to be more confident and aggressive with my bjj.
I fought in my tatami fight shorts and rashguard so I will post a review of them soon as its hard to find good quality female mma fight ware in the UK the girls both had fightergirl shorts which looked really good gotta get me some of those :)

1 comment:

  1. try this site i know they are launching a full range of female mma clothing www.mmabasket.com

    ReplyDelete