Pages

Wednesday 8 April 2009

The beginning...


Greetings,, I have no idea how long (or if ever) before my rambellings will gain an audience so I'll start by introducing myself, only seems polite. My name is Rachael I'm 21 years old and in my last year of studying sports and exercise science at the University of Brighton in the Uk. My discovery of BJJ began when I took a trip to thailand with my boyfriend alex, we had been training thai boxing for a couple of months and thought we would spend our summer productivley kicking ass at TMT (tiger muay thai) in Phukett. While I loved the extreme disapline and routine of thai boxing Alex persuaded me to come try a mma class, I had been wanting to try some grappling for a while but had always been a bit warey of it as the classes back home were all guys, as I was fairly new to martial arts I guess this put me off a bit, however seeing as we had come all the way to thailand I thought what the hell might as well give it a go. The next month involved quickly mastering the basic positions and learning a few good moves and mainly getting the crap kicked out of me on a regular basis. But,, pain and bruises aside I was hooked! Thanks to all the guys at TMT who made my first taste of BJJ a good one.





No comments:

Post a Comment